A Level Results Day 2017 – What Happens If I Don’t Get The Results I Want?
A Level Results Day stirs the same emotions year on year; nerves, angst and restlessness. You’ve studied the course, put the work in and taken the exam. The waiting is horrible but, whatever your grades, it’s not the be all and end all. This is the start. The start of your next step with the college.
When do I get my results?
Results come out on Thursday 17th August 2017. If you studied your A Levels with us, they will be collectable from our Hillsborough campus from 7a.m. If you didn’t study with us please check with your provider what time you will be able to collect from.
If you can’t wait until it’s time to collect your results, your UCAS track portal can update from any time after midnight and, whilst you won’t get your results online, you will find out if you’ve been accepted on to one of our courses.
But if things don’t quite go your way, these are your next steps…
You may still get in!
Regardless of your A Level results, make sure you still check your UCAS track portal as you still may have been accepted on the course with us if your results aren’t a million miles away.
If your course choices at The Sheffield College are showing as unsuccessful, don’t abandon all hope just yet. If you haven’t met the conditions of the offer, please give us a ring on 0114 260 2600 and ask to speak to the University Centre. We’ll have people on hand throughout results day, and the rest of the week, to advise you on your next move.
If your offer is still showing as conditional, or nothing has changed, please also contact us immediately.
We really do recommend getting in touch with us if you are disappointed. You never know, we may be able to sort something.
If you don’t get accepted immediately, you will be placed into Clearing on the UCAS website, which opens immediately on results day. Clearing is the process is for people who:
- Applied for university after the 30th June
- Did not receive any university offers
- Did not meet their entry requirements
The good news, though, is that in 2015, 64,000 people went to university after applying through Clearing.
All of our courses that have a vacancy will be relisted through Clearing. This is how it works:
- You can chose any course at The Sheffield College that’s on the list.
- When you know which course you want to do, you’ll need to call us on 0114 260 2600 citing your Clearing Number and Personal I.D. It may be busy getting through on the day but please be patient, it’ll be worth it as we can answer all your questions. If we are satisfied with your grades, we will verbally offer you a place.
- Once we have settled on a verbal offer, you will need to click ‘add clearing choice’ on UCAS and fill in the details. You only get 1 option to choose so this counts as accepting your offer!
Here are some of the courses that are available in Clearing this year. Click on the name of the course to see more.
Clearing is open until September, but does work on a first come first serve basis. Be quick!
From all of us here at The Sheffield College, good luck! You’ll be fine! If you do happen to run into any concerns or have any queries, give us a ring on 0114 260 2600, email email@example.com or have a chat to any of our staff on Results Day.