The Only Pancake Recipe You Need Today!
Happy Pancake Day!
By now we would anticipate that you’ve already had your pancake breakfast, pancake dinner and you’re well into the planning of your pancake tea (naturally followed by pancake pudding – naturally).
But hang fire just two secs, you’ve not tried our pancakes yet. The Sheffield College pancakes. Tried, tested and terrifically tasty pancakes.
The recipe is from our Head Chef and has been developed with the help of our Catering students. You won’t be disappointed…
For the pancakes you will need…
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 110g caster sugar
- 575 ml whole milk
- 225g strong flour
- 10g melted butter
And you will need to make them like this…
- Mix all the ingredients together to form a smooth pourable batter and leave to rest for 1 hour.
- Heat a large frying pan with a little oil and pour in enough batter to thinly cover the base.
- Cook over a medium heat until there is no liquid batter on the top of the pancake and then flip to cook the other side for another minute or so.
- Remove and place on a warm plate. Repeat the cooking process and layer the pancakes with grease proof paper to stop them from sticking to each other.
And then add some orange sauce by getting some of this…
- 300ml orange juice
- 75g sugar
- 50g butter
- zest 1 orange
- 30ml Grand Marnier or Cointreau or brandy
Then putting them together like this…
- Heat the sugar in a pan until it melts and turns straw coloured. Do not stir the sugar mix but swirl the pan occasionally.
- When the sugar is golden, pour in the orange juice carefully, it will spit, then re boil the mix and add the butter and orange zest.
- When the sauce is all combined, remove from the heat and stir in the alcohol.
- Pour over the cooked pancakes with orange and lemon segments and serve immediately
That will, we promise, be the tastiest pancake you will find in Sheffield today.
If you love spending time in the kitchen and fancy gaining a Catering qualification – be it hobby, career or professional – check out our Catering courses at the College today! Click here for more…