A Level Results Day 2016 – What Happens If I Don’t Get The Results I Want?
You ready for it?
As far as days go, there’s not too much you can do about it now. A Level Results Day stirs the same emotions year on year; nerves, angst and restlessness. You’ve studied the course, put the work in and taken the exam; and as papers have been marked, moderated and verified, results are flooding in ready for this Thursday.
The waiting is horrible but, whatever your grades, it’s not the be all and end all. This is the start. The start of your next step, whatever direction you choose to take.
When do I get my results?
You can collect your results this Thursday, the 18th August 2016. Results are collectible from either Hillsborough or Peaks campus, dependent on where you studied your A Levels, and will be open from 7a.m.
If you can’t wait until 7a.m. check your UCAS first thing as, whilst you won’t get your results online, you will find out whether you’ve been accepted into your choice of university.
Whatever you are planning on doing after your A Levels it’s worth looking into potential employment, higher apprenticeships, and the university clearing process just in case.
But if things don’t quite go your way, these are your next steps…
You may still get in!
Don’t abandon all hope just yet. If you really want a place on that course that just slipped out of reach, give the university a ring. It might not be fruitful, but then again it might be. Always worth a try.
Talk to your Tutors
The majority of your Tutors will be attending your results day, along with Career Advisers and other members of college staff.
If you’re not quite sure where to go from here, give any of them a shout and we’ll have a chat with you.
Have you considered university level courses here at The Sheffield College?
If you haven’t, you definitely should. You don’t just have to go to university to get a degree level qualification. You can also gain one at right here at The Sheffield College. Here’s just a few reasons why you should consider us through Clearing (See below).
- We’re cheaper – Our tuitition fees are cheaper than traditional universities
- Smaller Class Sizes – Allowing you additional support and more 1-2-1 time
- Amazing city location – We’re right in the thick of Sheffield. It’s perfect!
- Top class tutors – Bringing incredible industry insight and experience
- Wide range of courses – Everything from Construction to Performing Arts!
- A little bit of something extra – We’ll even give you a £500 IT voucher for a tablet or laptop (subject to eligibility).
This one, you’ve probably heard about. In 2015, 64,000 people went to university after applying through Clearing. Clearing opens on the same day as your results and the process is for people who:
- Applied for university after the 30th June
- Did not receive any university offers
- Did not meet their entry requirements
Any course that has a vacancy will be relisted through Clearing (full listings can be seen on the UCAS website or in The Telegraph). This is how it works:
- You can chose any course, at any university, that’s on the list.
- When you know which course you want to do you’ll need to contact the university/college citing your Clearing Number and Personal I.D. Ringing is the best method as they can answer all your questions, but remember it’ll be busy so be patient and impress! Ask the university if they’ll accept you and gather your offers without verbally agreeing anything.
- Once you have settled on a verbal offer, click ‘add clearing choice’ on UCAS and fill in the details. You only get 1 option to choose so this counts as accepting your offer!
Clearing is open until September, but does work on a first come first serve basis. Be quick!
To view The Sheffield College’s University Level courses, please click here.
After getting your results, you may decide upon a different career path. A different route to employment. Higher Apprenticeships are at the same level as university study but, instead of shelling out for tuition fees, you’ll be earning money in a real work environment.
Sound good? Check out our Apprenticeship offer here…
It’s also more than feasible that you have decided that enough’s enough and it’s time to take the plunge into the world of employment.
If you want to take that step make sure you catch one of our Careers Advisers at Results Day for a chat, some advice and the opportunity to have any questions you may have answering.
Retake your A Levels
Just because you finished your A Levels doesn’t mean that it has to be the end. If you’re being eaten away by a sense of underachievement you could redo your A Levels to gain those additional UCAS point. Chat to your tutor at Results Day to see if this is possible.