21 Reasons Going To The Movies Alone Is The Greatest
If you’re a bit of a film geek then no doubt you will relate yourself with most of these. And then check out our Film Studies course, obviously! Click here for more information…
1. Some weeks, life just piles on the rubbish.
Things get noisy.
2. And you just need a break.
ABC / Via relatably.com
3. And then you remember: There are few things as relaxing as going to see a movie all by yourself.
4. If you go during off-peak hours, it’s even better because you can sit HOWEVER YOU WANT TO.
Maybe it’s a blessing of fate, maybe you faked a sick day — it’s a good time either way.
5. Getting to a movie early and looking out at the empty seats??? IT’S LIKE YOU’VE GOT YOUR OWN TINY KINGDOM.
6. IT’S SO CATHARTIC.
7. When the lights go down you get to let the outside world bleed away; it’s the perfect you-time.
8. And you don’t have to share your snacks. THEY’RE ALL YOURS.
9. You also get to choose the movie all by yourself; you don’t have to worry about who’s seen what or what genres they hate.
10. You don’t have to worry about anyone else’s opinions at all.
11. You barely have to worry about your OWN opinions.
12. You can cry or laugh or feel WHATEVER, ALL OVER YOUR FACE. NO ONE IN THE CINEMA KNOWS YOU. THEY WON’T TELL ANY ANECDOTES ABOUT YOUR WEEPING LATER.
Michael Blann / Getty Images
13. Meanwhile, you can silently judge all the dates happening around you.
Doug Menuez / Getty Images
14. It’s like you’re suspended in time, chillin’, letting the movie take you wherever it’s going.
15. You don’t have to wait for anyone else to get out of the bathroom.
16. When you watch a movie at home, it takes a LOT of effort to actually disconnect from the world.
17. No one can expect you to text them back while you’re in the cinema.
IT WOULD BE RUDE.
18. At the movies, all the theater is asking is for you to *be there.*
19. It’s just a dark room and that movie and you.
20. It’s like a reprieve from your problems for ~two hours.~
21. Sometimes you just gotta treat yourself.