Advent Day 20 – Christmas Panna Cotta with Mulled Wine Fruits
Don’t like Christmas Pud? Not a problem, we’ve got another recipe from our kitchens to satisfy you sweet tooth over Christmas!
Vanilla panna cotta served with mulled wine fruits
Portions > 6
Mulled wine fruits
Cinnamon stick 1
Bay leaf 1
Star anise 1
Orange juice and zest 1
Mulled wine 150ml
- Boil the water and sugar. Add the cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf, orange juice/ zest and the mulled mine. Simmer for 5 minutes and strain through a fine sieve.
- Cut the fruit into wedges and add to the hot stock syrup
- Re- boil and simmer until the fruits are tender.
- Serve cold
Vanilla panna cotta
Double cream 375ml
Vanilla pod 1
Leaf gelatine (soaked) 2 leaves
Caster sugar 50g
- For the panna cotta, boil the milk and cream, infuse with the vanilla pod and seeds. Remove the pod after infusion.
- Heat the cream mixture once more and add the soaked gelatine and caster sugar. Strain through a fine strainer.
- Place the mixture in a bowl set over ice and stir until it thickens slightly; this will allow the vanilla seeds to suspend throughout the mix instead of sinking to the bottom.
- Fill individual dariole moulds and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, dip the dariole mould into warm water and turn the panna cotta out onto a plate
- Surround the panna cotta with the cold mulled wine fruits
Do you love to cook? If the answer to that is a resounding yes, then get yourself enrolled on