18 Signs You’re A Builder At Heart
Not sure what you want to do when you leave school? Maybe being a builder is an option, but you’re not 100% sure yet?
If you fit the profile of BuzzFeed’s 18 Signs You’re a Builder below, then maybe, just maybe, it’s the right career path for you!
1. You’re a problem solver by nature.
Whether it’s other people’s problems or ’80s novelty stocking fillers, figuring things out gives you a pretty sweet sense of satisfaction.
2. And you’re always curious to know how things work.
Sure, the magic is fun, but going behind the scenes is where it gets really interesting.
3. Your desktop background probably looks a little like this:
Abstract architecture FTW.
4. While your Instagram feed is full of likes for pics like these:
5. These were (and still are) EVERYTHING:
Show us someone who has “grown out of it” and we’ll show you a liar.
6. And more often than not, you’d ignore the instructions and build whatever you wanted.
Seriously, why would you want to build the same thing over and over and over?
7. But even once you’d built something cool, there wasn’t time to stop and admire it.
Because there was something else to make!
8. Heights don’t faze you.
How could they when you get to see views like this at work?
9. You’re not averse to making a little money either.
Who says you can’t make money doing something you love? Recent surveys show construction to be as high as 60% more lucrative than other sectors for the 18-21 age group.
11. …like this…
12. …all day.
13. While some see a dump, you see a doer-upper.
Why would you want a house where all the work’s already been done for you?
14. And you dream of building your own home one day.
Model house and architectural blueprints
15. In fact, you’re running out of space because of all your recordings of Grand Designs.
But come on, like you’re going to delete that just to make room for Real Housewives of Stoke, or whatever reality show your housemates want to put on.
16. You’re a doodler.
It’s the sign of intelligence! (But you knew that already, didn’t you?)
17. And you love the great outdoors.
Je suis this dog.
18. Because, why sit around when you could be out there having all manner of adventures?
Does this sound like we’re describing you? If so take a look through our construction courses and we might just have the course for you!